Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Eugene Atget Batch 1

In the third part of the research project, we have finally gotten to follow the recipe we have created from our artist's style. My artist, Eugene Atget, photographed black and white, off-centered, and nostalgic images. He also created depth in many of his photos through leading lines and repetition, with darker areas leading into brighter areas. I photographed different antiquated subjects in San Francisco and hoped to capture the traces of humanity without necessarily photographing people. Showing nostalgia and dreaminess in my images was quite difficult because of the high-tech cameras we have today that capture great detail and produce graininess as opposed to fuzziness or smoothness.


















6 comments:

  1. Jessie, you do a good job of imitating Eugene Atget. I like how you use multiple type of depth creation instead of using just one of the many ways. I really like the 1st and last pictures of your set. They are the strongest. They have good subject matter that creates nostalgia a long with showing the humanity you wanted to capture. I noticed that you said you were going to keep the photos in black and white. For the last one, it looks like its in sepia instead. Good Work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your pictures are really good! I love the different architectures! You did a really good job! My favorite picture is the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all your pictures and you did a great job emulating Eugene Atget's style! I especially like the last picture because of the interesting architecture and the depth displayed in that photo. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with working within Eugene Atget's style. The last photograph really captures the nostalgic look Eugene Atget used in his work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all really well shot pictures. My favorite is the second one because you have a great use of repetition and its an elegant picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good set of photos Jessie. My favorite photo is the 4th photo because you did a good job of capturing the depth.

    ReplyDelete